Location: Jupiter, FL
Size: 97,000 SF
Fast-tracked project built in five months, the 97,000 SF jet engine manufacturing facility consisted of a 90,000 SF assembly area with a 7,000 SF regional corporate office wing. The LEED Gold designation was awarded on the whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water efficiency, energy, materials selection, indoor environmental quality, and innovation and design. The project received the 2014 Golden Eagle Award of Excellence by ABC Florida East Coast Chapter, and Hedrick Brothers Construction received Pratt & Whitney’s Excellence in Construction Award.
Sustainable Site Development
– Maximized open space and protected animal habitat.
– Alternative transportation options, including low-emitting/fuel-efficient vehicles, bicycle storage, and changing rooms.
– Over 20% water use reduction.
– Water-efficient irrigation and drought tolerant native
– Rainwater used to flush toilets.
– Optimized energy performance.
– Highly reflective roofing materials.
– Utilization of regional materials.
– FSC Certified Wood.
– Over 75% of construction waste was recycled.
Indoor Environmental Quality
– Outdoor air delivery monitoring.
– Low emitting materials used through the building: paints, flooring, and adhesives.
Innovation and Design
– Low mercury lighting.